Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thoughts on dis-empowering conversations that we automatically speak to ourselves

Day by day we wake up into possibility. Today, at 6:30 AM I woke up into possibility, or said another way, choice.  In that exact moment I had the opportunity to wake up into... "I should... or "I have to... or "I need to... or "I'm going to try... or whatever form of waking up into the 'default' environment that we, as human beings, automatically set up for ourselves. 

Or I had the opportunity to choose to wake up into "I will...

Think about it. If I "should on" myself, I am automatically 'off the starting block' with a 10# weight tied around my neck. I call this way-of-being 'being hopeful that my day turns out.' There is no commitment in these default conversations that show up automatically and besides, they dis-empower me as the designer of my life. 

If I live from "I have to..." then I am already making myself wrong for 'not doing what I have declared I have to be doing.' There is a difference between "I have to" and "I will."  Today, I will get up... and make a choice in the NOW. The now is all I have. Now, I can choose to continue to write this blog or now, I can choose to stop. 

Yes, there are plans that I have for the day, including choosing to be responsible for my body and going to work out however, it is up to me whether or not "I should... or "I have to.. or "I need to... or "I'm going to try...

You see, I can go on not working out. It's not something "I have to" do. That is perfectle acceptable as a choice.  I can continue to  choose not work out ever as a way to live my life and to accept whatever happens because of that choice. If I look from being responsible in designing mine as a healthy life, I will work out. There is no Have to, Need to, Should, Trying.. there is only choosing that "I will", if I choose to live my life responsibly and healthily.

And now, I choose to stop writing this blog and go work out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment